Anybody going to TETONS? Can pick me up in Twin Cities?

By Noah K
Apr 1, 2013

Hi all!

Total shot in the dark, but are any of you (or anybody you know) going out West from the Twin Cities this summer? I'm trying to climb the Middle Teton.

If you're interested in cheapening the cost of driving and need company, let me know! I'd pay

I'm 23, in college, quiet and good company. If my girlfriend can come, that would be awesome! I'll pay you $200-$300!

My only summit is Mt. Tam in the Bay Area.

OBSESSED!

Thank you!

By Forrest Ross
Apr 9, 2013

Hey dude. I'm thinking about doing the grand and some other peaks out west this summer. Hit me up on Facebook.

-Forrest Ross

By ZoeyG
From Evanston, IL
Apr 9, 2013
Me.

I don't have any ice climbing experience but would love to do the Grand this summer if the ice section is minimal.

By jon jugenheimer
From Madison
Apr 9, 2013
hi

You don't need any ice experience to climb the Grand in the summer under "normal" conditions.

By Noah K
Apr 15, 2013

Thank you guys for responding! Hit me up at noahkleinschmidt@yahoo.com!!!

I forgot to mention I want to keep this trip pretty short... I have had a lot of generous offers - people looking for a partner for 1-4 month road trips.

Forrest - I tried lookin for ya on facebook and couldn't find you. What's the URL? Mine is https://www.facebook.com/NoahDaBoa

Zoey - hit me up if you're trying to keep your trip short!!! Remember I'll help pay for gas.

By MattG.
Apr 21, 2013

I was thinking of doing a quick trip to the Tetons this Summer. I wouldn't mind another rider sharing expenses. Would you be able to meet me somewhere off 90? I know that's South of the Twin Cities, but it's a BIG detour for me to go that far North out of my way.

Matt

By Noah K
Apr 24, 2013

Thank you!

By roger fritz from rockford, IL
From Rockford, IL
May 5, 2013
Wichita Mountains, Sunshine Wall

Noah K wrote:
Hey Matt! I could certainly meet you on 90. Would you be able to take my girlfriend or mother as well? When would you be heading out there? Thank you!

Mother...girlfriend? Do you have a dog too? Ha. Hope you make it out there.

By Noah K
May 7, 2013

roger fritz from rockford, IL wrote:
Mother...girlfriend? Do you have a dog too? Ha. Hope you make it out there.

Haha, well my mom is having health problems so it would be cool to take her on a fun trip, although she'd probably freak out driving with a stranger. Girlfriend, since cmon, what's more romantic than summitting with your partner? And "summitting" isn't the only romantic thing you could do haha

By roger fritz from rockford, IL
From Rockford, IL
May 8, 2013
Wichita Mountains, Sunshine Wall

Noah K wrote:

Noah, I will admit that my wife/girlfriend is my favorite and most trusted climbing partner. I am so blessed to have her climb with me most of my climbing days.
It is noble that you are thinking of taking your Mom.
The first week of Aug, some friends and I are heading to Montana and then the Tetons to give a 2nd attempt at the Grand Exum route.
One of the vehicles may have room and they might be willing to pick up some hitch hikers(although I will not make that call for them). I would think they would want to know a bit more about you, your girlfriend and mom before they commit to 40-hours on the road with you all!
My car is full already and our plans are still being formulated.