Albany or Close By Climbing Partner?

By CRicks
Feb 10, 2014
A little backcountry hauling

I go to a pretty artsy school in Southwestern Vermont where the kids don't get outside much—besides a few who are too busy—and wanted to go to the Edge in Albany a few times a week. I'm a relatively new climber. Can only lead 5.9 and can't boulder for anything, but I want to get better and can give a nice belay to anyone who crushes it (or doesn't yet). Also looking for someone to climb outside with come springtime. Just let me know if you're close by and want to climb! Or hike/adventure/explore around the area. I'm up for whatever.

By Valerie Bachinsky
From West Sand Lake, NY
Feb 10, 2014
Roger's Rock, Lake George, NY

Do you mean the Edge in Halfmoon? (Albany has a gym called AIR)

By BrianKostelnik57
Feb 10, 2014

I'm in Albany and down to climb. Usually at the edge 2x a week and outside every weekend climbing ice all winter and rocks once the ice is gone. Happy to lead or follow...trad, sport, alpine, ice, bouldering...it's all good.

By Kevin Heckeler
From Upstate New York
Feb 19, 2014
Rumney

Claire,

It was a pleasure meeting and climbing with you at the Edge last night. Look forward to the next time we can connect.

By Matt McIntosh
Feb 20, 2014
The bolt just below where I am here is off.

CRicks:

I go to Marlboro in SE VT and need a climbing partner. Sounds like we're in the same boat more or less, I can only lead 5.10+ sport, and have never trad climbed. I think there's a lot of unexplored climbing, particularly bouldering, in Green Mountain National Forest near Bennington (do you go to school there?).

Hit me up and let's make some plans for the spring!

By Jon D
From Carthage, NY
Feb 22, 2014
bouldering at Wichita Mountains

Hey CRicks/ Brian/ Matt/ Kevin,

I live in Northern New york but don't mind driving all over the state to climb. I have a subie with a roof box and happy to climb trad/sport or follow ice and always down for a chossy adventure. Trying to get as much mileage on the tools and crampons before the ice melts this year.

If you're at the edge, say hi to my buddy Tyler for me.