ADK ice partner sunday 12-1

By Mark NH
Nov 27, 2013

Potentially headed to ADK's from NH to ski Saturday and looking to ice climb Sunday. Or at least explore. Been climbing over 30 years, safe and pretty decent climber "off the couch." E-mail me at markvnh at yahoo. If you're local we might be able to meet Saturday night for a beer. Would like to check out Chouinard's! Or anything that might be "in."

By Gunkiemike
Nov 30, 2013

ADK Mtn Guides posted on NEice that Chouinards was climbable a few days ago, but the pond is not yet safe to cross.

By Kevin Heckeler
From Upstate New York
Nov 30, 2013
Rumney

Crystal Ice Tower and Chouinards are climbable, but still thin (confirmed today by a climbing partner).

By Dave77
From Watertown, NY
Nov 30, 2013
me in NH

Climbed the cascade and green gully today in Keene. Both were climbable fwiw. Have fun!

By MaxSuffering
From KVNY
Dec 1, 2013

Climbed both Crystal Ice Tower and Chouinards yesterday and I wouldn't call either one of them thin... thinner than your typical March maybe but certainly fat enough for any screw you want to put in.

By Kevin Heckeler
From Upstate New York
Dec 1, 2013
Rumney

MaxSuffering wrote:

I'm not sure what my partner experienced aside from their description ['thin' is often measured by the head strength of the leader]. They're climbing again today otherwise they would have been online to contribute more. The fact they're climbing for a second day is a good sign.

I consider this the defacto conditions page for ADK ice:

www.iceclimbingforums.com/forumdisplay.php?27-New-York-%28no>>>

It hasn't been updated in a few days. :-/