accident in Clear Creek????

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Apr 28, 2009
Just a teaser
Was up at primo tonight, on my way out of the canyon noticed a large search and rescue crew, fire trucks and spot lights going on underneath the new wall the canal zone. there were about 15 people with headlamps underneath the aquaduct.

Wondering if anyone had any info?

By Aimee Bates
Apr 28, 2009
Gripped...
Ok. All I know is that a "hiker" was injured and transported to the hospital with "minor injuries". This is according to Golden PD

By David Appelhans
From Lafayette
Apr 29, 2009
Imaginate
What are the access issues with this new area? I used to work for the ag. ditch company that maintained the aqueduct. Not sure if they have any rights or who owns the land. It is a steep embankment off the side of some of the concrete sections of the canal.

By Greg D
From Here
Apr 29, 2009
Out of the blue.  Photo by Mike W. <br />
Sounds more like a climber than a hiker. More importantly, sounds like no "serious" injuries. Details are a bit vague, though.

thedenverchannel.com/news/1931...

By Chad M
From Castle Rock, CO
Apr 29, 2009
Being an unfortunate veteran of a fall in Clear Creek, I hope this person is doing ok (climber or hiker).
This is the fourth fall in the front range that I've heard of this spring, let's just make this a reminder for all of us to be extra safe.

By Wade Frank
From Littleton, CO
Apr 29, 2009
Rhys at Lake McConaughy.
johnL wrote:
This is just hearsay, conjecture, and probably total fiction but aren't there several 35m routes there? I don't know, I've never been but it seems possible that you'd be able to lower off your 60m rope there. Knots people!! Even if this is totally unrelated (for all I know, it could be bear/beer/boar related incident), tie knots in your ends.

I have done several climbs at Clear Creek on my 60m rope where I wish I had a 70m, like JohnL said KNOTS people. The new guide book is great about letting you know which climbs you will need a 70m rope.