Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
Acadia Climbing Trip
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
Oct 6, 2012
Me on "Dope Man" (V8)

My trip to Acadia is expressed here in this video!! It was amazing. Beautiful sea-polished rocks and the scenery was breathtaking. I had a blast pulling hard with my best friends. I couldn't have asked for a better week. Check Out the video and tell me what you think
Sam Owens
From Durham, New Hampshire
Joined Mar 14, 2011
29 points
Oct 6, 2012
it's good! JohnnyG
Joined Nov 30, 2009
27 points
Administrator
Oct 6, 2012
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after...
The best part was the chalky handprint on the chick's butt. Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Joined Jul 30, 2011
997 points
Oct 6, 2012
Brilliant! Couldn't stop smiling. Had to watch it again. Tryhard
From Sandy, UT
Joined Jun 23, 2009
86 points
Oct 7, 2012
Climbing at Morro Anhangava in Southern Brasil.  (...
You sure that's an FA? I'm kinda sorta pretty skeptical.

Any climbing video shot there needs to show the exposure and views, especially at Otter.
GMBurns
Joined Jul 15, 2008
523 points
Oct 7, 2012
Black Boulder Problem, sent after a generous skin ...
this video is truly horrible. AdamB
From Chattanooga, TN
Joined Jul 17, 2008
1,037 points
Oct 7, 2012
Me on "Dope Man" (V8)
AdamB wrote:
this video is truly horrible.


why is it horrible Adam? I am curious to know your highly-professional opinion
Sam Owens
From Durham, New Hampshire
Joined Mar 14, 2011
29 points
Oct 7, 2012
Jake Jones wrote:
The best part was the chalky handprint on the chick's butt.


no doubt

Sam Owens wrote:
why is it horrible Adam? I am curious to know your highly-professional opinion


slow, bad music, everyone looks uncomfortable in the interviews, toproping is not onsight, most everyone in the video are terrible climbers

don't ask for public review and then get all defensive

Adam could very well be a professional...

better luck next time kid
S Denny
From Aspen, CO
Joined Sep 25, 2008
24 points
Oct 7, 2012
i wish i could see the rest of that radical beached whale right before the credits S Denny
From Aspen, CO
Joined Sep 25, 2008
24 points
Oct 7, 2012
Me on "Dope Man" (V8)
S Denny wrote:
no doubt slow, bad music, everyone looks uncomfortable in the interviews, toproping is not onsight, most everyone in the video are terrible climbers don't ask for public review and then get all defensive Adam could very well be a professional... better luck next time kid


i was not trying to get defensive. I was honestly curious. When someone says "horrible" and doesn't explain why, then I have a problem. I was asking for feedback not just a one-word answer. If he didn't want to respond, he didn't have to just insult it without telling me why. I apprechiate the fact that you did tell me why you didn't like it. BTW, otter cliffs is an entirely top-roping site, there is no lead climbing there. The fact is I still sent 5.12, the only possible way on TR.
Sam Owens
From Durham, New Hampshire
Joined Mar 14, 2011
29 points
Oct 7, 2012
Sam Owens wrote:
The fact is I still sent 5.12, the only possible way on TR.


rap in, pull rope, rock climb for real, rinse, repeat

no one cares how hard you climb
S Denny
From Aspen, CO
Joined Sep 25, 2008
24 points
Oct 7, 2012
Me on "Dope Man" (V8)
S Denny wrote:
rap in, pull rope, rock climb for real, rinse, repeat no one cares how hard you climb


You do understand that otter cliffs is a TR only cliff right?
Sam Owens
From Durham, New Hampshire
Joined Mar 14, 2011
29 points
Oct 7, 2012
Black Boulder Problem, sent after a generous skin ...
Sam Owens wrote:
why is it horrible Adam? I am curious to know your highly-professional opinion


Really? You're toproping "5.12" and epicing on V0- slabs to played out music and then waxing poetic about how hardcore it is. All after some very dramatic shoeing up and figure 8 tying. It's nice you kids had fun, but c'mon.
AdamB
From Chattanooga, TN
Joined Jul 17, 2008
1,037 points
Oct 7, 2012
Me on "Dope Man" (V8)
AdamB wrote:
Really? You're toproping "5.12" and epicing on V0- slabs to played out music and then waxing poetic about how hardcore it is. All after some very dramatic shoeing up and figure 8 tying. It's nice you kids had fun, but c'mon.


I don't understand why videos have to be all about climbing incredibly hard. The fact is that we worked hard on this and it shows! Otter cliffs is only top-roping, there are no bolts at all! Check MP for the gallery and see the protection is labeled as TR, trust me if it was leadable i would definitly lead it but i couldn't. I am sorry if I am coming off pretentious but its not always about how hard you can climb. What matters is the climbers themselves.
Sam Owens
From Durham, New Hampshire
Joined Mar 14, 2011
29 points
Oct 7, 2012
Black Boulder Problem, sent after a generous skin ...
Sam Owens wrote:
I don't understand why videos have to be all about climbing incredibly hard. The fact is that we worked hard on this and it shows! Otter cliffs is only top-roping, there are no bolts at all! Check MP for the gallery and see the protection is labeled as TR, trust me if it was leadable i would definitly lead it but i couldn't. I am sorry if I am coming off pretentious but its not always about how hard you can climb. What matters is the climbers themselves.


buuuuut in the video you said specifically you were hopefully going to do some hard climbing soooooo... I call bullsh!t
AdamB
From Chattanooga, TN
Joined Jul 17, 2008
1,037 points
Oct 7, 2012


Honnold seems to be able to lead just fine on the sea cliffs...

even without any bolts
S Denny
From Aspen, CO
Joined Sep 25, 2008
24 points
Oct 7, 2012
someday you'll look back on this video and thread and understand the hilarity S Denny
From Aspen, CO
Joined Sep 25, 2008
24 points
Oct 7, 2012
High Exposure
Sam Owens wrote:
BTW, otter cliffs is an entirely top-roping site, there is no lead climbing there.


Odd. I've led plenty of routes at Otter Cliff. Not 5.12. But, still, plenty of routes.
wivanoff
Joined Mar 3, 2012
121 points
Oct 7, 2012
Me on "Dope Man" (V8)
S Denny wrote:
someday you'll look back on this video and thread and understand the hilarity


actually, you're probably right :) we are just a bunch of high school kids and this was our school project haha Thanks for the advice though. I actually appreciate the feedback!!
Sam Owens
From Durham, New Hampshire
Joined Mar 14, 2011
29 points
Oct 7, 2012
Me on "Dope Man" (V8)
wivanoff wrote:
Odd. I've led plenty of routes at Otter Cliff. Not 5.12. But, still, plenty of routes.


Really?? Hmm, Idk M.P says that Gallery is stricty "top-rope" If someone were to lead it, they would run-out the first 20 ft and the last 10 feet and the gear is shady. Sorry If i said that everything at Otter was unleadable, I meant the Gallery
Sam Owens
From Durham, New Hampshire
Joined Mar 14, 2011
29 points
Oct 7, 2012
Me on "Dope Man" (V8)
AdamB wrote:
buuuuut in the video you said specifically you were hopefully going to do some hard climbing soooooo... I call bullsh!t


I consider 5.12 ,whether on lead or top-rope, hard. If you have a different opinion thats fine but its my opinion in the video!
Sam Owens
From Durham, New Hampshire
Joined Mar 14, 2011
29 points
Oct 7, 2012
Sam Owens wrote:
Otter cliffs is only top-roping, there are no bolts at all!


oh dear god.
KevinF
From Granby, CT
Joined Mar 9, 2010
4 points
Oct 7, 2012
High Exposure
Sam Owens wrote:
Really?? Hmm, Idk M.P says that Gallery is stricty "top-rope" If someone were to lead it, they would run-out the first 20 ft and the last 10 feet and the gear is shady. Sorry If i said that everything at Otter was unleadable, I meant the Gallery


Well, you did write:

Sam Owens wrote:
You do understand that otter cliffs is a TR only cliff right?


And these n00bs on Otter Cliff set up their TR from the bottom! Disgusting!!!



j/k... I'm just yanking your chain. Glad you had a good time. Acadia is a wonderful place. We go every year.
wivanoff
Joined Mar 3, 2012
121 points
Nov 14, 2012
Sam Owens wrote:
Really?? Hmm, Idk M.P says that Gallery is stricty "top-rope" If someone were to lead it, they would run-out the first 20 ft and the last 10 feet and the gear is shady. Sorry If i said that everything at Otter was unleadable, I meant the Gallery


Actually there isn't a route that Otter that has not been led. I have belayed my son on Gallery - while he led it. My old climbing mate, Paul Niland, led Gallery before you were born.
Eric Engberg
Joined Apr 28, 2009
2 points
Nov 14, 2012
I still think it's good.

It's full of raw enthusiasm.
JohnnyG
Joined Nov 30, 2009
27 points
Nov 15, 2012
Black Boulder Problem, sent after a generous skin ...
so are the Teletubbies. AdamB
From Chattanooga, TN
Joined Jul 17, 2008
1,037 points


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>
Beyond the Guidebook:
The Definitive Climbing Resource
Inspiration & Motivation
to Fuel Your Run
Next Generation Mountain
Bike Trail Maps
Backcountry, Sidecountry
& Secret Stashes
Better Data. Better Tools.
Better Hikes!