Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
Done
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
Page 1 of 1.  
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
Sep 28, 2012
Done with this jorma cox
From Carbondale CO
Joined May 25, 2011
16 points
Oct 4, 2012
I get excited over a large desert rack
It wasnt there by tuesday at 11. Good luck rob rebel
From Denver, co
Joined Jan 20, 2006
35 points
Oct 5, 2012
Bouldering in Morocco.
jorma cox wrote:
Thanks for the response. Surely the next party cleaned it, they were not far behind and classic boulder d bags.....


Your not going to get it back now for calling those boulder d bags, d bags.
Ryan-Nelson
From Fort Collins, CO
Joined Sep 22, 2010
381 points
Oct 5, 2012
mmmm....tree
jorma cox wrote:
classic boulder d bags.....


As opposed to a newish model Carbondale jackass?
Joe Huggins
From Grand Junction
Joined Oct 4, 2001
177 points
Oct 5, 2012
Joe Huggins wrote:
As opposed to a newish model Carbondale jackass?


Hah! My thoughts exactly...
John Johnson
From Boulder, CO
Joined Jul 30, 2001
5 points
Administrator
Oct 5, 2012
tomato, tomotto, kill mike amato.
jorma cox wrote:
Thanks for the response. Surely the next party cleaned it, they were not far behind and classic boulder d bags.....



really????? you beg for your cam back, and then throw this out there? i hate to be a dick (wait, that isn't true, i kind of like being a dick sometimes....) but there is no way somebody is going to read your post and actually want to give your cam back.

you'll catch more flies with honey.....
slim
Joined Dec 1, 2004
2,043 points
Oct 5, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Pea...
Was the cam stuck? I didn't quite get why it was left.

I have a stuck #4 Camelot on a climb that I will never tell any of you about! I alone shall reclaim it! Bru ha ha ha!

Just wanted to put that out there.
Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Joined Jan 1, 2001
1,495 points
Oct 5, 2012
I found a #4 camalot, if it's yours, tell me where it was and I will get it back to you! skiclimber
Joined Jul 18, 2006
39 points
Oct 5, 2012
Colonel Mustard
I have a #4 camalot. Please describe.

Also, I wish I were a classic boulder d bag. Any place that stirs so much hate from haters must be awesome.
Colonel Mustard
Joined Sep 13, 2005
1,367 points
Oct 5, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Pea...
skiclimber wrote:
I found a #4 camalot, if it's yours, tell me where it was and I will get it back to you!


It was in the crack up on the last pitch.
Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Joined Jan 1, 2001
1,495 points
Oct 5, 2012
Mashers Tower
best thing about boulder is all you have to do is be seen there to be considered a douchebag Cornelius Jefferson
Joined Apr 5, 2006
163 points
Oct 5, 2012
Wow. Very funny. I am pleasantly surprised how this got jumped on. I lived in boulder and fort fun for almost twenty years, and climbed in the area quite a bit, the kind of d bags behind us were a couple of well supplied dipsticks with tons of shiny new stuff and no clue how to use it, as well as asking my partner why he was taking the rope apart before our climb....
Anyway I am really sorry this bothered some people so much. I am actually not a hater, just kind of tired of seeing these types on the rock. I think u guys who have spent some time in eldo know the type I am talking about.

Again. Sorry I ruffled some feathers, I honestly did not think anyone on this site would be offended by that...
jorma cox
From Carbondale CO
Joined May 25, 2011
16 points
Oct 5, 2012
Maroon Bells-Bell Cord Couloir
jorma cox wrote:
as well as asking my partner why he was taking the rope apart before our climb...


Were they asking why you were flaking the rope??? Please explain.
AnthonyM
Joined Mar 5, 2009
43 points
Oct 5, 2012
Flakes of Wrath
jorma cox wrote:
with tons of shiny new stuff and no clue how to use it


Says the guy that left a cam on the route...
Paul-B
Joined Mar 26, 2011
115 points
Oct 5, 2012
Bocan
Anthony Milano wrote:
Were they asking why you were flaking the rope??? Please explain.


Exactly what I thought. What does "taking the rope apart" mean? I've never heard that terminology before.
Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Joined Feb 15, 2006
927 points
Oct 5, 2012
Bocan
Paul-B wrote:
Says the guy that left a cam on the route...


oh and booya...gotcha there. Sorry that's a funny call out. ;o)

cheers to you getting the cam back regardless.
Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Joined Feb 15, 2006
927 points
Oct 6, 2012
Mashers Tower
from the description it sounds more like they were Denver douchebags

anyway what did you expect on the Bastille Crack lol
Cornelius Jefferson
Joined Apr 5, 2006
163 points
Oct 6, 2012
Maroon Bells-Bell Cord Couloir
I still wanna know what "Taking the rope apart" means.... AnthonyM
Joined Mar 5, 2009
43 points
Oct 6, 2012
That is what the fellows behind us asked my partner when he was flaking out the rope.

When I heard they asked why were we taking the rope apart I knew they were d bags. As it turns out they were 2nd year at CU. I learned this on our descent, then we saw them starting the second pitch.

I thought that if I used their wording, people would have figured out that these were not the kind of climbers that most of mountain project people would side with.

I think any of the responders of this post, had they been in my shoes would feel the same...

As for the question on why or how did The cam get there, my partner placed it at the belay, I passed it to lead the next pitch, he was unable to remove it. I took a good friend who isn't very experienced on the climb because he wanted to lead a couple of pitches for his third trad experience.
jorma cox
From Carbondale CO
Joined May 25, 2011
16 points
Oct 6, 2012
The Cathedral Spires in RMNP, left to right: Stile...
jorma cox wrote:
Wow. Very funny. I am pleasantly surprised how this got jumped on. I lived in boulder and fort fun for almost twenty years, and climbed in the area quite a bit, the kind of d bags behind us were a couple of well supplied dipsticks with tons of shiny new stuff and no clue how to use it, as well as asking my partner why he was taking the rope apart before our climb.... Anyway I am really sorry this bothered some people so much. I am actually not a hater, just kind of tired of seeing these types on the rock. I think u guys who have spent some time in eldo know the type I am talking about. Again. Sorry I ruffled some feathers, I honestly did not think anyone on this site would be offended by that...


jorma cox wrote:
That is what the fellows behind us asked my partner when he was flaking out the rope. When I heard they asked why were we taking the rope apart I knew they were d bags. As it turns out they were 2nd year at CU. I learned this on our descent, then we saw them starting the second pitch. I thought that if I used their wording, people would have figured out that these were not the kind of climbers that most of mountain project people would side with. I think any of the responders of this post, had they been in my shoes would feel the same... As for the question on why or how did The cam get there, my partner placed it at the belay, I passed it to lead the next pitch, he was unable to remove it. I took a good friend who isn't very experienced on the climb because he wanted to lead a couple of pitches for his third trad experience.


People that want to learn to climb and take initiative to do so are all D-bags. Especially if they happen to reside in/around Boulder. And if their parents happen to have money, Dog help them.
Marc H
From Lafayette, CO
Joined May 10, 2007
280 points
Oct 6, 2012
Maroon Bells-Bell Cord Couloir
Thank you for answering that...

I don't know how I would respond to someone asking that.
AnthonyM
Joined Mar 5, 2009
43 points
Oct 6, 2012
Clear Creek Canyon, Capitalist Crag
Marc H wrote:
People that want to learn to climb and take initiative to do so are all D-bags. Especially if they happen to reside in/around Boulder. And if their parents happen to have money, Dog help them.


Or if they themselves happen to have money but haven't gotten out yet to put scratches on their shiny new gear. What a bunch of d-bags :)
Robert Buswold
From Longmont, CO
Joined Jul 5, 2010
55 points


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 1 of 1.  
Beyond the Guidebook:
The Definitive Climbing Resource
Inspiration & Motivation
to Fuel Your Run
Next Generation Mountain
Bike Trail Maps
Backcountry, Sidecountry
& Secret Stashes
Better Data. Better Tools.
Better Hikes!