|Comments on Eldorado Canyon SP - FHRC new route applications||Add Comment|
By kevin murphy
From: Lafayette, Colorado
Jan 17, 2014
|Why are there applications for removal of fixed pins? When did that start?|
From: Lyons, CO
Jan 21, 2014
|However it started, it should be resisted vigorously.|
By Wayne Crill
From: an Altered State
Jan 21, 2014
As stated in the too long and redundant, yet useful MP discussion on the subject, the main goal appears to have been "to provoke discussion". My take is also that there was some disagreement within ACE on this, and apparently, even some ACE members acting on their own towards this end, WHICH MOST DEFINITELY SHOULD BE DISCOURAGED.
By Steve Levin
From: Boulder, CO
Feb 12, 2014
The meeting minutes from the 2-10-2014 meeting, including results from new applications, can be found here:
In a nutshell:
1. The route off the Upper Ramp, right of The Italian Arete was approved (note the application was amended to add 2 bolts).
2. The Exhibit A roof route was approved.
3. The Doub-Griffith Extension was approved.
4. Vote on the "Upper Meadow" (sic) route between Vertigo and To RP Or Not To Be was postponed. The Board needed more information, specifically how this route may or may not impact To RP Or Not To Be. See specifics in mtg minutes.
5. The Upper Peanuts Rap Route was approved.
6. The removal of the fixed pin on Peanuts was rejected.
7. The removal of the fixed pin on The Bulge was rejected.
NOTE all these results are pending final approval from Eldorado Canyon State Park.
Thank you for your participation.
By Chris Archer
Feb 28, 2014
|Thanks for the update, Steve. Glad to see the fixed pin removal proposals were defeated. Hopefully the pins that were removed without application will be replaced by those responsible.|