Eldorado Canyon SP - FHRC new route applications
Submitted By: Leo Paik on Jan 6, 2014
From Joseph P. Crotty:
ACE, Action Committee for Eldorado, currently has six applications open for public voting as part of the 2014 Winter voting cycle. Most of these applications where available as part of the 2013 Fall voting cycle, but it was postponed due to historic flooding and park ensuing park closure.
Four applications are for new routes, one if for a rappel descent route and two are pin removals. They can all be voted on here - aceeldo.org/fhrc/applications/.
The last day for voting will be Feb. 9, 2014.
|Comments on Eldorado Canyon SP - FHRC new route applications
|By kevin murphy|
From: Lafayette, Colorado
Jan 17, 2014
Why are there applications for removal of fixed pins? When did that start?
From: Lyons, CO
Jan 21, 2014
However it started, it should be resisted vigorously.
|By Wayne Crill|
From: an Altered State
Jan 21, 2014
As stated in the too long and redundant, yet useful MP discussion on the subject, the main goal appears to have been "to provoke discussion". My take is also that there was some disagreement within ACE on this, and apparently, even some ACE members acting on their own towards this end, WHICH MOST DEFINITELY SHOULD BE DISCOURAGED.
|By Steve Levin|
From: Boulder, CO
Feb 12, 2014
The meeting minutes from the 2-10-2014 meeting, including results from new applications, can be found here:
In a nutshell:
1. The route off the Upper Ramp, right of The Italian Arete was approved (note the application was amended to add 2 bolts).
2. The Exhibit A roof route was approved.
3. The Doub-Griffith Extension was approved.
4. Vote on the "Upper Meadow" (sic) route between Vertigo and To RP Or Not To Be was postponed. The Board needed more information, specifically how this route may or may not impact To RP Or Not To Be. See specifics in mtg minutes.
5. The Upper Peanuts Rap Route was approved.
6. The removal of the fixed pin on Peanuts was rejected.
7. The removal of the fixed pin on The Bulge was rejected.
NOTE all these results are pending final approval from Eldorado Canyon State Park.
Thank you for your participation.
|By Chris Archer|
Feb 28, 2014
Thanks for the update, Steve. Glad to see the fixed pin removal proposals were defeated. Hopefully the pins that were removed without application will be replaced by those responsible.