Submitted By: John McNamee on Jun 11, 2012
Effective immediately the City of Boulder’s Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP) has lifted the raptor closure for the following areas:
- Shadow Canyon: The entire Devil's Thumb Ridge, Towers of the Moon, Jamcrack Spire, and Diamond Head are open. The Maiden is open. Shadow Canyon Trail and Bear Peak Trail are open. The Matron remains closed.
- Lefthand Canyon Palisades – open.
- Diamond Head and SoBo Buttress – open.
- Mt. Sanitas Ridge – open.
- Gregory Canyon Amphitheater – open.
OSMP will continue to monitor nesting sites and may lift closures early in accordance with nesting activity.
For additional info re: other areas and closures please visit OSMP’s web page here.
Thanks goes out to the climbing community for abiding by the raptor closures. OSMP is very appreciative of the cooperation.
The Flatirons Climbing Council