Mountain Project Logo

Female alpine climbers for photos

Original Post
Brent D · · New England · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 279

Hi PNWers,

I have a trip with a friend planned for the north ridge of Stuart in early June(uary). I’m a photographer and have been looking to get some support from a brand that I work with in exchange for some photo content from the trip. However, their words were: “we have enough pictures of tall white dudes climbing.” Since my current climbing partner is indeed a tall white dude, here I am.

If you are a badass female alpine climber and interested in getting a bunch of free gear out of the deal or know anyone who may be interested, please send them my way. 2 parties of 2 would be killer and make for some great content. We are both proficient alpine climbers and are just looking for another party to join us, made of at least one female on the sharp end. I’ll get you and your partner kitted out and we will hopefully get some awesome photos.

Must be able to lead 5.10a trad at a bare minimum, and be able to move quickly and confidently in easy alpine terrain. Experience with the route is a huge plus. 

And just to assuage your concern that I am some weird internet person, here is my website and my Instagram. I’m no Jimmy Chin but I do have some relative idea of what I’m doing. :)

Www.brentdoscher.com
Www.instagram.com/bdoscher

Matthew Jaggers · · Red River Gorge · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 695

Your work is amazing! If you got to hang with Lama (pretty sure that was him), you're obviously doing something right. Beautiful stuff. 

I wish I could have had the opportunity to! I sadly never got to meet him. 

Travis Diller · · Bremerton · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Unfortunately for you I'm neither a female or an alpine climber. But MAN, THOSE PHOTOS!!!!! AMAZING! PROPS!!!!!

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374

Nice work, sir! Your shots are well framed, good composition, and you caught the action. All of that, says you can get your shots on the camera and have the eye for it. Keep at it! Good photography is a real pleasure!

When you can, let us know this brand? If it's more than just marketing, I'm interested. Typed, as I'm working out at Planet Fitness, and thinking about "my" favorite clothing brand, Title nine. They have POCKETS, including in yoga tights and the dress I wore for my son's wedding reception. A tiny key pocket, hidden where you won't lose it, and it doesn't show. Maybe a company you can send some shots to, once you have those ladies looking awesome!

Best, Helen

Zachary Winters · · Winthrop, WA · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 430

Sick portfolio. Really good work in there. I'm a photographer and climber, but mixing the two isn't a strength of mine. You've got it - keep up the good work.

Old lady H wrote: Nice work, sir! Your shots are well framed, good composition, and you caught the action. All of that, says you can get your shots on the camera and have the eye for it. Keep at it! Good photography is a real pleasure!

When you can, let us know this brand? If it's more than just marketing, I'm interested. Typed, as I'm working out at Planet Fitness, and thinking about "my" favorite clothing brand, Title nine. They have POCKETS, including in yoga tights and the dress I wore for my son's wedding reception. A tiny key pocket, hidden where you won't lose it, and it doesn't show. Maybe a company you can send some shots to, once you have those ladies looking awesome!

Best, Helen

Hi Helen,

Thanks for your interest!  I checked Title Nine out, and they do seem like a cool brand.  However, I'm not sure their imagery is really quite in line with the stuff that I would be shooting!

Please feel free to send me a message if you're truly interested, and we can chat about the possible companies.
Alissa Doherty · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 60

Hey Brent, John and I have permits in the Enchantments 6/10 - 6/14 and planning for Stuart too. If you’re there then, happy to meet up! Though FWIW, John is way more photogenic than I am ;)

Nick Votto · · CO, CT, IT · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 320

Brilliant shots Brent, are you a New Englander?  Lots of great NH captures 

Alissa Doherty wrote: Hey Brent, John and I have permits in the Enchantments 6/10 - 6/14 and planning for Stuart too. If you’re there then, happy to meet up! Though FWIW, John is way more photogenic than I am ;)

Nice, that's awesome!  Looking forward to seeing some photos!  Unfortunately I'm flying back to the east coast on the 10th, but if you're in the area beforehand lmk!

Nick Votto wrote: Brilliant shots Brent, are you a New Englander?  Lots of great NH captures 

Yup, New Hampshire for damn sure (but living in Boston right now)!

wendy weiss · · boulder, co · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 10

Great photos and Oxford commas. You're the real deal. 

Looks like I found some willing climbers!  Thank you, everyone, for your help pointing me the right direction!  Psyched on this climb/shoot, its been on my list for 3 years!

SHERATY DADY · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0
Brent D wrote:

Nice, that's awesome!  Looking forward to seeing some photos!  Unfortunately I'm flying back to the east coast on the 10th UC Browser, but if you're in the area beforehand lmk!

If you are a badass female Rufus alpine climber and interested in getting aFileZilla bunch of free gear out of the deal or know anyone who may be interested, please send them my way. 2 parties of 2 would be killer and make for some great content. We are both proficient alpine climbers and are just looking for another party to join us, made of at least one female on the sharp end. I’ll get you and your partner kitted out and we will hopefully get some awesome photos.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Female alpine climbers for photos"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started